Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 restart of New55

Things to do in 2014:

1. Assemble a new work group locally, in Europe, and Far East
2. Revisit all old vendor quotes, sales projections, and new suppliers
3. Revise the set of technical drawings
4. Prepare fundraising effort and execute

If 4 is successful, hire the production engineer, tool up, and start production. The supply of 4x5 film has to be revised and there are some new candidate emulsions yet to test.  Also there is the finalization of the receiver sheet substrate and coatings, which will take some time to finalize.

If the fundraiser falls short, wrap up the technical knowledge into some sort of open source format, and schedule a couple of handmade New55 workshops.

15 comments:

Denis Balibouse said...

I hope you can achieve 4 ! Good luck and good work

Chris Burt said...

Create the KickStarter and the funds will come!

Brandon said...

Have you spoken with any European companies such as FOMA or ADOX? They both have some extremely good emulsions in 4x5 and handle a lot of production of films and papers. Cutting, packaging etc. I have contacts at both and can refer you if you like.

ml_pisel said...

Good luck, and if you need European partener ... here I am!!
www.polaconv.com

All the best

Christopher Walrath said...

This is fantastic news. I always hoped Dr. Maps would add this to IBV. So glad someone else is undertaking the effort to bring this awesome film back. Let me know if there is ANY way I can help. More on the consumer testing side of things than anything else I suppose. This is just fantastic.

blablabla said...

Hi, I'm in the UK, am a photographer and would be happy to help out as I'm rediscovering Polaroid. I've got the time too as I'm retired.

mike(at)mikekleinsteuber.com

FloridaSteve said...

Looking forward to contributing to the kickstarter fund!

Levas said...

There sure be market for your films in Lithuania :)
It's great what you are doing.
Best regards.

Elizabeth and Frank said...

I will support and promote a kickstarter campaign for the NEW55 and will help in any other way that my limited knowledge of chemistry, but highly artistic, brain can muster!

egidijusk said...

We'll be glad to share N55p ideas in Lithuania. www.afd.lt
Looking foward for news.

Peter Cook said...

I'm in tokyo where such a film would be very warmly received

Evan Brown said...

So you're trying to make the film that impossible project can't? Like type 80?

Evan Brown said...

So you're trying to make the film that impossible project can't? Like type 80?

Ugo Marinelli said...

Take me updated! My personal stock of old 55 is dramatically reducing!

youfoundmetoo said...

Start a Kickstarter campaign, I think you would be pleasantly surprised by the effect it would have. GO GO GO!!!