Wednesday, September 14, 2011

PX 70 Color Shade, realistically scanned

You see a few overly saturated scans of some of The Impossible Project's new films online, which is unnecessary in my view!  Here is a quick shot of my friend Herb Singleton from my Jordan Marsh SX70 out near the loading dock.

Not bad I say, not bad.  The colors are actually quite accurate - our building has that blue, Herb's shirt was that orange, and there was a lot of blue sky above.  I will buy and use this regularly, and I expect others will too.

4 comments:

Eric Smith said...

I agree! Sure bumping up the saturation a tad will surely help sell the product, I want to see what it will really look like when I get it. I've enjoyed shooting this film as well. They've come a long way, and am eagerly awaiting anything new they produce. Thanks for sharing Bob!

Anonymous said...

Good model

Anonymous said...

I'm pleasantly surprised actually. Most online images done on Impossible's film stock look like junk. This is starting to look like the real deal, old time Polaroid SX-70 film. I'm not a fan of this diminutive and sub-par (in my own opinion) format, but I think this is still a step in the right direction. Let's hope Impossible can do equally well with the 8x10 sheet product they're working on. Now THAT'S what I'm waiting for...

Bob Crowley said...

This is the film I saw in development when I was in Enschede I believe. The test shots looked a lot like this and Andre and Martin appeared very pleased with it. But don't wait. If you do not buy instant films now, there won't be the resources to improve them. Even buying Fuji helps the cause of maintaining strategic industrial mass in the instant film marketplace.