Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Graflex Super D

We also have a near mint Graflex Super D 4x5 camera with Auto Diaphragm (first ever) and a properly setup graflok back for sale.  The back rotates into portrait or landscape modes with the push of a button.

This is a glimpse of the fine lens, with the lever and spring arrangement. It gets cocked open for focusing, and stops down the instant the shutter button is depressed. What a convenience this must have been!

Just send me an email. This one is all tuned up, very clean, ready for use. I have a PA-45 on it right now, but you can put any modern 4x5 film holder on this camera.

Here is a link to USENET post I wrote about the conversion of this camera to graflok. It is so old I forgot about it, and was posted before google.  Here it is

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, have you sold it yet? Am interested if you haven't.

You can email me at donwalheim@hotmail.com

Yeah, this is Don Walheim...we disagreed once about Unique Photo's "ethics" regarding their approach to "re-branding" Type 690 instant film...obviously, it didn't effect my love for your blog/project. Keep up the rather awe-inspiring work!

Bob Crowley said...

Wow that's some old usenet stuff, eh? It came out quite nice. I promise more pictures that I will post over on another blog full of stuff for sale.

The camera is being considered by another reader who reached me earlier, but I will let you know if he passes on it.

cory said...

hi/ i'm interested . pls email me
corylum at hotmail.om on price

Bob Crowley said...

This camera has been sold - thank you!